You all must have heard about the demat account but very few know how to open it. Demat account is the primary requirement for trading in shares and securities. The demat account provides the facility of holding the securities in an electronic form. This has made trading and investing in the stock market a rich experience. The demat account is one place to hold all your investments that includes shares, government securities, mutual funds and bonds. In this article, you will learn about how to open a demat account with Kotak Securities and much more.
Let us learn the detailed procedure of how to open a demat account with Kotak Securities.
Procedure to Open a Demat Account
- Firstly, contact Kotak Securities and submit the necessary documents to them. The following documents shall be required; PAN card, bank proof and residential address proof. The documents submitted shall be verified before processing the application.
- After submitting the documents, fill the account opening form. You will be asked to submit your passport size photographs. Also, the original copies of the documents shall be required at a later stage.
- The form must be carefully read as it mentions all the rules and regulations. The form submitted by you will be signed by the depository.
- It is always recommended to get a backup copy of the documents and form submitted by you.
- Now the verification process shall begin. The depository will carry out in-person verification. In-person verification involves the staff of Kotak Securities visiting your place and checking all the details that were submitted by you in the account opening form. It is advisable to keep the original copies of the documents with you during their visit.
- After the verification is done by the authorities, you would be allotted a Beneficiary ID by Kotak Securities. This ID will act as a unique code which can be used by you to access yourdemat account online. You can purchase or sell shares in the stock market using this ID.
- Demat account requires no minimum balance in the account. In fact, a demat account can be opened without any balance of shares.
Let us now learn about the benefits of opening a demat account with Kotak Securities
Benefits of Opening a Demat Account
- A demat account with Kotak Securities makes it easy to invest in the financial market and make high returns.
- Kotak Securities mobile application brings the financial market at your fingertips and transactions can be carried out from anywhere across the globe using your mobile phone.
- Regular tips and guidance from the Kotak Securities through notifications on the mobile application will help you take the right trade in the stock market.
- Kotak Securities provides good customer service to the clients. They are just a call away to resolve any of your queries.
- The transactions in the demat account are carried out in the most secure and speedy manner.
The above mentioned are few of the benefits of opening a demat account with Kotak Securities. If you are a beginner in the stock market and want to open a demat account, you can contact them. Opening and maintaining a demat account with them is very easy. Just get in touch with their professionals and learn more details about opening the demat account.